Are you thinking about quitting smoking?
You don't have to do it alone. We are here to help support you when you make the decision to quit. We will provide you with the strategies and help that you need.
Our support is FREE and offered in a one-on-one or group format, giving you individual strategies and help. This program is available to you and your family members!
- What do I like about smoking?
- Name three reasons that smoking makes you happy?
- Name three things that I don't like about smoking?
- What would my life be like if I no longer smoked?
- What would my family's lives be like if I stopped smoking?
- What will it take for me to quit smoking?
You and thousands of other people are at this same crossroad right now. We can help you learn strategies to quit and live SMOKE FREE!
Maybe it is time to consider quitting smoking.
Did you know?
- Tobacco smoke contains over 7,000 chemicals, of which, 250 are known to be harmful and 69 can cause cancer.
- Nicotine is classed as a "toxin" (poison).
- There is no "safe limit" for tobacco use, including second-hand smoke.
- Tobacco is one of the most addictive substances in the world.
- The average cost of one pack of cigarettes is $6.28.
- Smoking is responsible for 1 in 5 premature deaths in the U.S. each year.
Benefits of Quitting Smoking After...
- 20 minutes: heart rate and blood pressure decrease towards normal
- 12 hours: oxygen and carbon monoxide blood levels drop back to normal.
- 2 weeks to 3 months: circulation and lung function improves
- 1 year: your risk for heart attack and stroke is half that of someone who still smokes.
- 5 years: your risk for cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, and bladder is cut in half.
- 10 years: your risk of getting lung cancer is cut in half.
- 15 years: your risk for heart disease is that of a non-smoker.
- one-on-one support
- setting a quit date
- identifying triggers
- learning problem-solving skills
- coping skills and strategies to avoid them
- education on tobacco and prescription drugs to help quit
- handouts, worksheets
- earn points to use in CCWS parenting boutique (clothing, personal hygiene, soaps, detergents, baby items, etc.)